As a district, we are very fortunate to have 3D printers in every school thanks to the Perloff Family Foundation as well as district funding. The middle school has three printers available (two in the window of my office 40A and one in the main office) and the high school has one in the learning commons.
- TinkerCAD: The most popular option, TinkerCAD is being widely used in the district and allows your students to create an account tied to their Google account.
- Embossify: If you have a 2D design, you can use this tool to automatically create a 3D printable STL file. Depending on the printer we use at the school, we can also do the same thing with the printer software and change the shape of the object.
- Examples of Student 3D Printing Project from all across Maine
- Fidget Cars
- Lesson Plan for 6th Grade Social Studies students to design artifacts from an ancient civilization.
- Collection of Art Project ideas on Thingiverse
- Collection of Math Project ideas on Thingiverse
- Collection of Science Project ideas on Thingiverse
- Molecule Construction Kit on Thingiverse
Bonny Eagle Middle School
If you are looking for information about 3D printing at BEMS, this webpage is a great place to start. From seeing what we've been printing to checking out the printer calendar and even submitting your designs to be printed, this is your one stop shop for everyone at BEMS.