Starting during the 2018-19 school year, BEHS signed on to use Naviance for college & career readiness. I have been asked to assist teachers and students with learning how to use the platform. Therefore, feel free to book me for "Professional Learning" if you would like help learning how to navigate and use it.
Reference Guides from Naviance
- Teacher Desk Reference Guide (PDF) - Step by step directions, with screenshots, with how to use your teacher dashboard AND how to SUBMIT LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- Student Reference Guide for Student Letters of Recommendation (LOR) - Start on page two of this PDF for directions for how to request a LOR from a teacher.
Student-Specific Documents by Access
Overall, there are three categories of documents that students might need according to who can access them.
Letters of Recommendation (LOR)
Students can request a teacher letter of recommendation, by clicking Apply to College > Letters of Recommendation from the Colleges menu. From here, he or she will be able to choose the teacher, select the appropriate college(s), and add any special notes or requests. For further details, please refer to the Student Reference Guide for Student Letters of Recommendation (PDF) from Naviance.
There are different ways a student can request initial transcripts in Naviance Student:
- By selecting Add and Request Transcript while adding a college to the "Colleges I’m Applying To" list
- By clicking the Request Transcripts link after adding the college to the "Colleges I’m Applying To" list
- By clicking Manage Transcripts from Colleges > Apply to College.